Pouches for loose tea
Tea is a sophisticated and ancient drink that with the passing of time is becoming an ever more prestigious and refined product, especially as far as raw materials and preservation methods are concerned. Along with the product, packaging for tea is also evolving to grant better protection to blends and to highlight brand identity. Flexible packaging for loose tea or tea bags is an ideal choice: the blend’s precious aroma will be carefully preserved and the custom printed pack will be able to stand out once displayed.
Safety first: what are the must-haves for your pouch?
A delicate and refined product like tea, especially if loose packed, needs eye-catching but also trustworthy packaging. Having a wide range of suppliers, materials, finishes and sizes to choose from, what are the fundamental features to make sure the product will be correctly packaged and preserved?
- Food contact compliance: if you wish your blend to be safely preserved, choose a material that is certified as suitable for food contact, in other words a material that does not exude dangerous substances for the organism when coming into contact with the packed product. A certification that cannot be overlooked for tea packaging;
- EVOH barrier: first of all, what is it? An EVOH barrier is, simply, a thin plastic layer coating the internal part of the pack. In this way the aroma of the tea blend is safe: the barrier grants maximum protection against oxygen and moisture;
- Aluminium barrier: this is the ideal barrier for more sensitive products. Are you afraid that UV rays may alter the properties of tea? The super-resistant aluminium layer will take care of the preservation of your precious tea leaves, a great ally against the deterioration of organoleptic properties caused by exposure to light and heat sources;
Certified materials for tea bags packaging: aroma is safe and sound!
Doubts about the size? Here are the best sizes for tea packaging
Lightness and space optimization are two of the main features that make flexible packs a great choice for tea bags or loose tea packaging. You will be able to make the most of the capacity of your custom printed pouches for tea, to make the packs resealable and packed product reusable over time by adding a ziplock and easily display them on shelves or stands by selecting a eurohole. The question is, what are the most suitable sizes? Choosing the best size on the basis of your needs can be difficult, especially if it is the first time you use stand up or flat pouches to pack your product. Not to worry! To help you in this hard choice, we will propose some of the most popular sizes in the tea and herbal infusions industry, have a look and choose the one that fits your needs:
- Stand up pouch 12×18,5×7 cm: this is one of the most popular sizes, ideal to contain up to 100 gr of loose tea. A compact but spacious size, it will take up little space on the shelves of your shop and in your customers’ cupboards;
- Stand up pouch 13x22x8 cm: this is an intermediate size that can contain up to 180 gr of tea leaves. A good compromise that will allow you to optimise packaging space;
- Stand up pouch 16x22x8cm: do you need more space? This is the right size for you, great to contain between 200 gr and 220 gr of loose tea.
- Stand up pouch 18x21x8cm: this size is suitable to pack a bigger quantity of tea bags or loose tea. The perfect choice for brands that look after those customers who usually stock up on their favourite infusion!
A design for each tea blend: the benefits of multi-subject printing
You have already decided that the amount of loose tea you would like to pack in each pouch is going to be the same and for all the pouches you have chosen the same features and material. However, you would like to customise your pouches with a unique design for each tea blend you produce, easy peasy! Choosing the same pouch size on Flexie you can print up to 20 different designs. But what does “printing different design files” mean? Multi-subject printing is an ideal printing technique to manage product ranges, variants, flavors and limited editions. Every graphic file includes the design that will be then printed on the entire surface of the pack (front, back and gusset), you will be able to make an exclusive look for your tea blend, making them unique and easily identifiable by your customers. You can obtain this result by simply placing just one order and selecting the number of designs that you wish to print, it can’t get easier than that! Play it safe, have a look at the step by step tutorial that you will find below.